Today is boat day. We made cork boats, boat snacks, and played with the Little People boat while we sang “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”.
A Beka Language Development card 13
Boat Works by Tom Slaughter
Music: Row, Row, Row your Boat
- craft corks
- wooden craft sticks
- craft foam
- hot glue gun
- Hot glue a few corks together.
- Cut a small sail from the foam and stick a toothpick thru it.
- Stick the toothpick into the top of the boat.
- Try floating your boat in a stream or pond.
Boat Float Snack
- Blue Jello
- Triangle Papers
- Make the Jello according to the directions and refrigerate.
- Slice the oranges into eighths with the peel still on.
- Slide a paper onto a toothpick like a flag and stick it into an orange slice.
- Add the boat to the top of the Jello.
T did page 43 in his A Beka Nursery Arts & Crafts book.
T did the vehicles in his Melissa & Doug Pattern Blocks.
Transportation Unit Study