Today was T’s favorite… fire trucks. He just loves them so much. We had a fun snack, crafts, literature, and songs.
What Does it do? Fire Truck by Josh Gregory
Music: Ten Little Firefighters
Ten little firefighters sleeping in a row. (Hold 10 fingers flat like their sleeping.)
Ding, ding goes the bell. (Put a fist up and pull down.)
And down the pole they go. (Hold one hand on top of the other like holding a pole.)
Off on the engine oh, oh, oh. (Pretend to hold a steering wheel.)
Using the big hose, so, so, so. (Pretend to spray a hose.)
When all the fire’s out, home so slow. (Hold a steering wheel again.)
Back into bed, all in a row. (Lay 10 fingers flat again.)
Fire Truck Snack
- Graham Crackers
- Red Frosting
- Stick Pretzels
- Red Gum Drop
- Cut a small piece off of the corner of the graham cracker and spread red frosting over it.
- Break a pretzel in half and create a window around the cut part of the cracker.
- Add a gum drop siren behind the window.
- Add a pretzel stick ladder across the back part of the cracker.
- Add 2 Oreo wheels.
Stop, Drop, and Roll
Fire Truck Color Page
T colored page 7 in his A Beka Nursery Arts & Crafts book.Fire Truck Craft
- Fire Truck Template
- Construction Paper
- Brass Fastener
- Red Paint
- Print out the fire truck template and paint it red.
- Cut out a black rectangle and black triangle for the windows and glue them on.
- Cut out black wheels and glue them on.
- Cut out a yellow circle and cut it in a spiral like a hose and glue it on.
- Draw a ladder on a piece of white paper and cut around the outside.
- Fasten it to the top back of the fire tuck with the brass fastener.
- Cut out 2 small yellow semi circles one for a light on the top of the fire truck and one for the front head light.
- Write the child’s age with a marker on the side of the truck for the truck number.
Fire Truck Puzzle
J helped T with his Melissa & Doug Fire Truck Puzzle.
Transportation Unit Study