Today was fun for both the boys. They enjoy learning about space and rockets.
Zoom, Rocket, Zoom! By Margaret Mayo
Snack: Half an apple on a place cover with P.B. Place a toothpick in tit and put string cheese on the the toothpick. Add popcorn to the apple. Add small triangles of cheese the the bottom of the rocket stuck to the P.B. For the wings on the rocket.
Rubber Band Rocket Launcher
- 2 plastic cups
- 2 rubber bands
- hole punch
- rocket color page
- Make four hole punches in the rim of one cup a forth of the way around.
- Cut two rubber bands, knot them, and place them in the slits so that they are taut.
- Tape the inside of the cup on each slit to keep them from splitting.
- Color a rocket, cut it out and tape it to the rubber band cup.
- To launch the rocket, press the rocket cup down over the plain cup.
- Quickly let go and watch the cup blast off!
Rocket Ship Name
- Construction Paper
- Glitter Glue
- Gold Stars
- Cut out a triangle and a squares (one for each letter in the child’s name) from different colors of paper.
- Glue the triangle to the top of a black piece of paper and the squares under it.
- Write one letter of the child’s name on each square.
- Add glitter glue lines coming down out of the bottom square.
- Add stars to the paper.
- Saltine Crackers
- Place the 2 crackers side by side.
- Cut a triangle from the cheese and put it at one end of the crackers.
- Use the licorice coming out of the back of the rocket for the flames.
Space Shuttle Coloring Page
I found this Space Shuttle Coloring Page for T.
Transportation Unit Study