Hot Air Balloons
Today T learned about a new type of transportation for him… The hot air balloon. How fun!
Grandma’s Hot Air Balloon Ride by Jan Denison
Hot Air Balloon Snack
- graham cracker
- string cheese
- mini chocolate chip
- mini marshmallows
- Basket is a half of a graham cracker.
- The rope for the basket is pieces of string cheese.
- The balloon circle is banana cut in pieces longwise and shaped in a circle.
- In the balloon place strips of celery in a astric shape.
- Add strawberry halves in each section on the balloon.
- Use mini marshmallows for the clouds.
- Cut a carrot stick in half and place the two ends coming out the basket for the people.
- Add mini chocolate chip eyes.
Mini Hot Air Balloon
- Big Helium Filled Balloon
- Small, Light Basket
- Netted Bag (like oranges come in)
- Little People
- Tie a string to the balloon and tape it to the floor or table to make it easier to work with.
- Set the basket under the balloon.
- Cut the netted bag to make a rectangle and lay it on top of the balloon.
- Thread the ribbon through a hole at the top of the basket and extend the ribbon to the nearest corner of the netting then tie to the netting. Repeat with the ribbon 5 more times around the basket and ballon to even distribute 6 ribbons around the balloon.
- Let the tape loose and rotate the balloon so the know and string is facing up in the net. Tie the balloon to the netting.
- Use a toy that is not so heavy that the balloon won’t fly but heavy enough that the balloon will float a bit and come back down.
Transportation Unit Study