Goodnight Moon is T’s favorite book right now. We had lots of fun with painting, food, puzzles, books, crafts, and games. I love it when we have a unit study that both boys can participate in. They both had too much fun with this one.
Goodnight Moon Book List
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star by Sanja Rescek
Hickory, Dickory Dock Hey Diddle, Diddle!
- black beans (night sky)
- clock (button with clock face drawn on garage sale dot sticker)
- stars (glow in the dark plastic wall stars and moon)
- mittens (cut from felt)
- bowl (for mush)
- spoon and dish
- red pom-pom (for the red balloon)
- three plastic toy bears
- two plastic toy kittens
- a plastic toy bunny
- a plastic toy cow
Tot-Tub #2 (top right) Shape Clock
I put our Shape Sorting Clock in the drawer for him to put the shapes in place.
Tot-Tub #3 (middle) Star Stickers
Tot-Tub #5 (bottom right) Play Dough Moon
Bowl of Much Breakfast
T used black finger paint to add spots to the cow outline on page 2, then we counted the spots.
Goodnight Moon Counting
I made this 1,2,3 Goodnight Moon download into a book for T to count with.
Hey Diddle Diddle Lunch
- Taco shells
- Shredded Cheese
- Block cheese
- Chocolate Chips
- Star cookie cutter
- Pretzel Sticks
- Cut 2 taco shells with scissors in the shape of a cow (head, ears, and body).
- Put the shredded cheese between the 2 cow parts and microwave until it melts a bit.
- Cut a slice of cheese from the cheese block and make stars with the star cookie cutter.
- Also cut cow horns and a cow bell out of the cheese.
- Add raisin udders and spots on the cow.
- Use the whole banana as the moon crescent.
- Add chocolate chips for the eyes, nose, and mouth.
Painting the Moon
The Cow Jumped Over the Moon
Goodnight Moon Puzzle
Sugar Cookie Moon
Sugar Cookie Dough
- Roll out the sugar cookie dough into on giant moon cookie and place on a greased pizza pan.
- Add craters to the moon with your fingertip.
Bake a 325 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the sides start to get brown.
Goodnight Moon Sequencing
I found this Hey, Diddle, Diddle! print out for T to color.
T reviewed his colors by coloring the balloons on page 2 of this download the color that I told him. Then I cut it out and folded it into a book. Mother Goose Game
T sang along with the nursery rhymes in this Mother Goose Game that we have.Making Craters
small baking tray
- Pour the flour in the baking tray and spread out evenly with you hand (about an inch deep).
- Drop the marble or stone in the flour.
- Carefully remove the marble/stone from the flour.
- Look at the crater the marble/stone has made.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 a few times so that you can see several craters.
Goodnight Moon Game
He liked to match up the cards to the correct place on each mat in Goodnight Moon Game.Goodnight Moon Celebration Cake