Types of Frogs
Today we learned about different types of frogs. We had fun with writing, crafts, and snacks.
Discuss: There are over 4,000 different types of frogs in the world including toads.
1. How many different types of frogs are there in the world? Over 4,000
- Construction Paper
- Writing Paper
- Cut out a circle from green paper and fold it in half for the mouth.
- Cut to ovals for the eyes and glue them to the back of the mouth.
- Cut strips of paper for the legs and fold them back and forth, back and forth, and again.
- Glue the legs to the bottom of the frog,
- Cut feet from the paper and glue to the legs.
- Cut eyes from black and white paper and add them to the eyes.
- Cut a red strip of paper for the tongue and glue it inside the mouth.
- Curl the tongue by wrapping it around the pencil.
- Cut a semi circle shape from the writing paper write about your favorite type of frog, then glue it in the frogs mouth.
Frog Hoppers Game
I found this Frog Hoppers Game at a garage sale for the boys.
2nd Grade Math
J wanted to try this Origami Frog folding. Then we tried to make a giant one too.
Pond Dot Game
I found a Pond Dot Game on page 4 of this download.
- Mint Ice Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Syrup
- Put a scoop of green ice cream into the cup and add sprite.
- Put 2 marshmallows on top of the foam for the eyes.
- Add a mini chocolate chip to the center of each marshmallow.
- Make a chocolate syrup mouth
- Use the licorice for the frogs tongue and also for your straw.
Frog Unit Study